June 9, 2014

TRANSPARENCY

outfit, fashion blogger, california, glasses, coastal glasses, cheap and chic, frames
outfit, fashion blogger, california, glasses, cheap and chic, frames
outfit, fashion blogger, california, glasses, cheap and chic, frames
outfit, fashion blogger, california, glasses, cheap and chic, frames
outfit, fashion blogger, california, glasses, cheap and chic, frames

Onto newer and clearer things, my new Derek Cardigan frames came in from Coastal Glasses. If you know me, you know that I'm practically blind -- like actually blind as a bat, I can't see sheeeeeep kind of blind (if you get that reference, I love you)! I started wearing glasses in the fourth grade and kids would always make fun of them so naturally I grew to hate them. I never felt like myself in them; I got contacts the first chance I could and never looked back. I rarely, if ever, wear glasses in public. 

But recently, I've been coming into myself -- I have been making adjustments to parts of me that I never particularly liked. Like my nose, I haaaaaaaated my nose for the longest time -- for what feels like ever really. Ever since I got my septum ring, I've been in love with it; that little glimmer of gold has made a big difference in my confidence.

So I got new glasses to do the same, I wanted something I wouldn't be self conscious to wear in public. And these are it. The simplicity, the minimalistic design are exactly what I was looking for. Isn't it funny how we can dress up parts and pieces of ourselves and how that can make all the difference?

5 comments:

Brittany said...

I friggin' love those glasses. They look really great on you (& your fab nose). Hah.

Anisa Young said...

you're the best <3

Brittany said...

I try :D

Kat Tanita said...

Love this! The glasses look so good on you!! Hope you’ll enter my L’Occitane giveaway: http://withlovefromkat.com/fall-beauty-must-haves-with-loccitane-divine-body-oil-cream-collection

xo Kat

www.withlovefromkat.com

mei // めい said...

Love the glasses <3

http://japobsganbare.blogspot.com/