January 17, 2012

SEOUL PHOTO DIARY

There's a mailbox at the top of Seoul Tower for people to send letters to their loved ones.Some things never change ;)

Never visit a palace during the winter unless you enjoy frozen body parts.
The fish market where you can buy live seafood and the restaurants will prepare it for you next door.
A corn dog wrapped in a sea of french fries. The epitome of convenience...and deliciousness.
Fried mudfish. Don't know what that is? DON'T google it.
Sticker photos are a must in Asia.
Poop-shaped red bean snacks.
A handy keyboard made with Photoshop shortcuts to help those who are a bit more forgetful (like me!)
Live octopus. It squirms and suctions about in your mouth.
A very very cold best friend.
A Korean dessert made out of 240,000 strands of honey and stuffed with walnuts and chocolate. Love.
Ice cream with coffee; simplicity at its best.
The equivalence of a knuckle sandwich, this dish is called "fist rice."
The wall of love locks under Seoul Tower. Couples in Korea love making their mark on everything.

I have always been a wordy speaker, writer, thinker, and there is so much that I want to say yet finding the right words seem dauntingly impossible, so I'll let the photos (and captions) speak for themselves. Seoul was the most liberating, exhilarating, foreign, and wonderful vacation of my life thus far and I can't wait to have many many more just like it. Very open to trying everything at least once, I did and ate things I never thought I ever would but am so glad I did it. If a photo speaks a thousand words, than 16,000 words seems to sum up my 8.5 days in the Soul of Asia in a nice, concise, neatly-packaged post. Enjoy, I sure as hell did!



20 comments:

Unknown said...

Anisa, it looks like you had such an amazing experience.. I like that you let the photos just speak for themselves. They say a lot about you. I would love to do something like this someday. I would love to just drop everything and go travelling. All that food looks disgusting and incredible at the same time! Anyways, I'm glad you had such a great trip! Can't wait to see where else you travel!

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! My friends and I are going to Seoul next year, so it's great to see posts about it! I've always wanted to visit the different street markets they have. I'm glad you had a great time!
--Ciara :)

Jo said...

Aw, you're so cute, Anisa! And these photos look so pro! :)

Gina said...

I want to go to Korea! You're so lucky. See you tonight :)


www.eatblogpray.blogspot.com

Analisa said...

Wow! Looks like you had such an amazing experience. All the food looks so interesting, but the french fries coated corn dogs? I'm surprised I've never seen that in America! That looks like delicious goodness

Anonymous said...

SO jealous that you got to go to Seoul! SO MUCH FOOD asdklfj That wall of love locks is super cute. I hope you put one with our names on it <3

xo Sherrie
Closet Hound

maggie said...

I am so jealous, S. Korea sounds like an amazing place to visit! (And purikura is a must anywhere there is one ;D) All the food looks great, and so do the sites! I definitely have to visit one day. It just seems like Asia has better food than America...

xx maggie
saltandleather.blogspot.com

tiffyama said...

Loving the pics! I've always wanted to visit Seoul~ it looks like such a fun city to explore. The food looks FANTASTIC! Ah..but I don't know about that live octopus. :3

Daria said...

So many great pictures! Look like you had some extremely great time :)

xxx
Daria

Unknown said...

Amazing photos, I wish I could see more. It looks like you had an amazing time which makes me want to visit Seoul even more.

a-little-awkward.blogspot.com

Joyce said...

seoul seems like such a fun place to visit :D it's definitely somewhere i'd love to travel to one day if i get the chance. the food looks so good~ especially the dessert with strands. looks so intricate! ^_^ keep in touch <33 cool blog

-Joyce
carouselstreet.com

Nnenna said...

I LOVED looked through your pictures of your trip- it was great to share a tiny part of the experience with you by looking at your pictures and reading your captions! This is giving me the travel bug- I want to get of the country again this year!

star-crossed smile

The PvdH Journal said...

Live octopus?!!! My oh my! seriously?!!!

I haven't made it out there yet, but I'm dying too! I also love the idea of that keyboard. I need to check it out!

Sarah said...

these pictures are lovely :)

ps i'm hosting a little giveaway on my blog at the moment if you fancy taking a look...

500daysoffashion.blogspot.com/2012/01/giveaway.html

StyleIDnet said...

Beautiful pictures, everything looks so delicious and interesting.
xx,
http://styleidnet.blogspot.com/
http://styleidcloset.blogspot.com/

theversastyle said...

the food looks sooo amazing and different! the corndog in french fries is genius! and i love pouring coffee on my ice cream.. yuuuum!


x0
annette
www.theversastyle.com

Karen said...

You have a wonderful blog, I love the photos!
So glad to find your blog, You are invited to visit mine and maybe we can follow each other!

Kisses
www.trendyfeeling.com

Jacqueline Ashley said...

These are really beautiful photos!

xx

Anonymous said...

Awesomeeee, it looks like your spontaneous trip was a great success! (Maybe you'll end up doing something like that again in the future? haha.) I love that photoshop shortcut keyboard, that would be so handy in life; also that food looks so yummy...and it's an obscene hour for me, so perhaps not a good idea to be looking at photographs of food...but yes, I am very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing these photographs! xx

Beti ♥ fashiontazja said...

amazing pictures :) i love this keyboard!