July 26, 2012

THIS OR THAT THURSDAY {#1}

This or That Thursday: 7/26



My indecisive mind and taste has prompted me to introduce a new feature on the blog called "This or That Thursday," a weekly installment that will allow you to help me decide between, well, this or thatLet's start with wallets. Now, I never got the whole "I'm going to drop some serious dough on an accessory that is suppose to hold said money" notion that everyone else seemed to get. Now I get it.


I'm the gal who has her heart set on the classics; the beautifully crafted and wonderfully appealing piece that doesn't need to rely on flashy gimmicks to sell, but instead, relies on the only thing it boasts, its utter simplicity. This Comme des Garçons zip up wallet in white leather, will never ever go out of style and, instead, will continue to grow in refinement with years to come. It's like that tall, dark and handsome gentleman in the lovely three-piece suit in the corner of the party, the one that everyone is secretly eyeing but too afraid to touch.


Yet, at the same time, I am also the one with her eyes set on the frivolous fun piece that vaguely reminds me of little lady bugs and watermelon seeds. The fun itty bitty teeny weeny red and black polka dotted wallet from Marni is so precious that I can't help but think about it from time to time. Perfect for summertime, this wallet has me going gaga crazy, but is this real love or just a little fling?


Help a sista out! Which would you go for?


P.S. Congratulations to Samantha Tedesco for winning the Jason Wu x Target blouse giveaway! With over 135 entries (!!!), thank you all SO much for your amazing support and stay tuned for more fun things to come! xx

12 comments:

Oh to Be a Muse said...

I suppose the white leather Comme des Garcons bag is more of a classic piece that you can keep forever, but the Marni bag just makes me smile, so I'd go with that one. :)

Gina said...

Comme Des Garcons!!!! It might just get dirty fast though.

www.eatblogpray.blogspot.com
xo

Priscilla P said...

I vote for comme des garcons! now you've got me lusting after it too ;) haha!

Ava Tallulah said...

Comme Des Garcons! So pretty and simple. I love it.

Ava Tallulah
Enter My UO Giveaway

Mihaela said...

first one definitely!

mfashionfreak♥blog

Mimi said...

i love fun, bright, and bold designs, but for this instance, i'm gonna have to go for the classic comme des garcons zip up wallet -- that'll definitely be in style for years to come. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/
Twisted Orchid Giveaway -- Win any bag of your choice! :)

Ebony Styles said...

The Comme Des Garcons, you'll get more wear out of it. I tend to think longevity. I love it.

www.fashionforjojo.com

Audrey Allure said...

Love the Marni one!

That Chelsea Girl™ said...

That CDG wallet is a wonderful choice.
Rei Kawakubo will always be my favorite designer, for her simplicity and complications, the distresses and the put-back-togethers.

Uliana said...

I love the white one! It's just gorgeous :)

http://ulianashalaeva.blogspot.com/

Katherine said...

mm!! i love the red polka dot one and it seems a little easier to use. zippered wallets are a pain to me.
<3 katherine
of corgis and cocktails

Olive Tee said...

The CDG one! Nice and classic!