June 4, 2012

TOUGH POPPY

faux leather jacket with canvas sleeves {Ebay}, H&M floral tank dress {borrowed from Mom's closet}, Dolce Vita Jamison booties {Nordstroms}, blush clutch {UO}, thrifted floral tassel necklace
faux leather jacket with canvas sleeves {Ebay}, H&M floral tank dress {borrowed from Mom's closet}, Dolce Vita Jamison booties {Nordstroms}, blush clutch {UO}, thrifted floral tassel necklace
faux leather jacket with canvas sleeves {Ebay}, H&M floral tank dress {borrowed from Mom's closet}, Dolce Vita Jamison booties {Nordstroms}, blush clutch {UO}, thrifted floral tassel necklace

wearing: faux leather jacket with canvas sleeves {Ebay}, H&M floral tank dress {borrowed from Mom's closet}, Dolce Vita Jamison booties {Nordstroms}, blush clutch {UO}, thrifted floral tassel necklace

Don't mistaken my love of shopping for a weakness, it is a much deeper and scarier love than that. You know that weak-in-the-knee, can't stop blushing and gushing feeling you get immediately after the first kiss with that special someone? Imagine that, but BETTER, and that's how I feel when I see a piece that I know my closet would love to be in company with. This is the story of how my new half faux leather, half canvas jacket and I met and we have been inseparable ever since. I fell in love with the subtle details, its inverted likeliness to the coveted Zara jacket and its even closer resemblance to the jaw-dropping, wallet-draining Alexander Wang jacket. Perfect to dress up or down all year round, I can't wait to make this jacket my new go-to.

26 comments:

maggie said...

I love your jacket! I actually prefer yours to the Zara jacket, because I like the canvas sleeves versus Zara's leather sleeves! It's a great edge to your floral print dress.

xx maggie
saltandleather.blogspot.com

Laura said...

I've been looking for a leather vest/denim sleeve jacket ahhh!! Sho cute, perfect amount of edginess without being too much like an all leather jacket.

cryskay said...

so freakin' cute Anisa! xo

Nikki said...

Love this look! x

http://nikkibeulen.blogspot.com

HeadHunted said...

Really Really Really lovely blog!!

I love your whole outfit post, but the shoes stand out to me as I've been looking for shoe inspiration for a while now...I've been finding it hard to get out of winter mode!

Have a smashing day!

Love

HH xx

http://headhuntedtoday.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

love the mix! especially your boots!

www.styleandshades.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

I really like the balance between cute and edgy.. that jacket is fabolous!

- Victoria
www.Vickkitas.blogspot.se

Mihaela said...

such a pretty outfit.


random giveaway♥mfashionfreak

Unknown said...

Such a cool outfit!! Love love love

ahoymichelle said...

This is pretty much my favorite outfit that you've shown to us! I love how your jacket matches your booties!

Michelle
www.michelleesque.com

Analisa said...

OMG I've been wanting a jacket that looks like that for sooo long, when I finally had money to buy one it was sold out :( You're so lucky you found that off eBay!

www.rougefox.com

A Mode World said...

Great vest. xA

Clara Turbay said...

what style!

Brittney said...

Oh man, the jacket and shoes together! Dang! I would wear this outfit in a flash. ;)

Jessica said...

looking super adorable!!!!! :)
i want that jacket!!!!!! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic dress! love your hair! :)

http://themadcreationist.blogspot.it/

Kisses from Italy

Giuseppe

Fashion Lookbook said...

Love your dress. So girly.

Suzie Q said...

Awesome jacket find on Ebay! I love it, along with your pretty floral dress. Your blog is so cute =)

xoxo,
Suzie Q
www.StyleCueBySuzieQ.com

Anna K. said...

I am crazy about leather & other fabricks combined in jackets. Your jacket is just perfect!

Nora said...

that dress is so cute, the pattern is very vintage! :P That jacket is very adorable, it really gives it a modern twist (yeah i know it's not actually vintage :p)

Nora
Nora Finds

Stefani said...

Such a beautiful dress!
xx

Flight of Fancy Boutique said...

Such a nice outfit you have here! I want everything that you are wearing- the jacket looks cool. X

Ana Luiza said...

following, I love the blog :)
would be a pleasure if you follow me back, kisses
http://anascimento28.blogspot.com/

Style of Iris said...

Love the outfit. The thrifted necklace is such a great find! I'm crazy about thrift stores but the ones near my house don't carry a lot of jewelry and what they do carry looks like somebody ran over it. So I'm impressed you found something so nice that goes so well with the rest of the pieces! Really like it!

http://irisfocusedonfashion.blogspot.com

Fashion-isha said...

I love the tough jacket with the super fem dress. Great styling...let's follow each other!
xo
Sharon

FactoryExtreme said...

I like this look but we have the same stylish leather jackets here.....
Buy Leather Jacket